Thursday, July 21, 2011

Waiting and now a return to Love

Akira working on her Americanization..lol


Ariel: Good morning NANA
I know... it has been a very long time since you've heard any news from the blog. The truth is I have been praying for the next blog to state simply, "My babies are home". But that is not the case. For the last 5 months we have not even been close from a legal stand point. It has been almost 6 months since I’ve seen Guyana and my girls. It has also been that long since I’ve updated my blog. I guess I just didn’t have much to say. The theme was “wait”, “be still” “stand”. So that’s what I did.We were lost in the government shenanigans of a third world country. Time has no value and good intentions are laughable. But WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE!
Wave "Hi" Ariel

Now it’s time. I am in Guyana to legally adopt two little girls. They are not the original two I blogged about, but I have mentioned them before.  They are cousins. We are cousins. We are family.  The goal is family preservation.
I’ve already introduced Akira. Her sister is Ariel. She is 2 years old and as lovable as they come. She laughs and smiles and hugs and tugs at your heart strings.

Family Preservation. These two sisters love each other and already have a new outlook on life. Nana and GranDad have showered them with love and care while Mommy was away. Now Mommy is coming just as she promised to bring them home.  
You see we can never know the mind of God. I am sure if I was given a glimpse into the future and it laid out this path I would have run for the hills. (And even then God would find us) A year ago I was told about an unborn infant. I said yes. Then I was told about a 6 year old sister. I said yes. As if it was not enough, I was told of two more who needed to be cared for and my heart said Yes, but my good sense and everyone who knows and loves me said, "Don't go overboard".  As God would have it, it was those two who were the ones promised to me. They are the ones I prayed, "The children that will be mine". But I would have never gone too Guyana for three months for these girls. They were already in a "home". Without meeting them in a neutral mindset, I could have easily become apathetic and shrug my shoulders in defeat. I would have accepted what was unacceptable. But PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW. 
So stay tuned to the wonders of God who makes all things possible. Our part is to simply believe. I have never stopped believing and trusting. I have had an outpouring of support and love in this “pregnancy” that can never be repaid.  I know you are all eagerly waiting to love my girls and they deserve every bit of it. Thank you for your prayers and affection.


1 comment: